List of mountains in Kosovo shows some of the vast number of mountains of Kosovo. Most of Kosovo is covered with medium-high to high mountains. Mountains of Kosovo belong to Dinarides range. The Plain of Kosovo is on average 550Â m (1,804Â ft) above the sea level and the Plain of Metohija is on average 450Â m (1,476Â ft) high. The Dinaric Alps in the east and the Å ar Mountains in the south are home to the highest peaks in Kosovo rising well over 2,000Â m (6,562Â ft). The only mountain in the north higher than 2,000Â m (6,562Â ft) is Kopaonik which rises to 2,017Â m (6,617Â ft).
The mountains make some unusual landscapes like the Rugova Canyon and the KaÄanik Gorge. There are alpine and glacier lakes located in most of the mountains.
Â§List of highest peaks in Kosovo
List of mountain peaks in Kosovo with over 2,000Â m (6,562Â ft) in height
- The peak marked with an asterisk is the tripoint of Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro.
- The peak marked with two asterisks is on the border of Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia.
- The peak marked with three asterisks is the tripoint of Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia.
Â§List of coordinates of some significant mountain peaks
The list contains coordinates of some significant peaks alphabetically ordered by mountain and then peak name
Here are some of the less significant peaks, but that define the border of Kosovo and are thus interesting.
North East on the border to SerbiaÂ :
- Babina Stena 43.210278Â°N 20.601111Â°Eï»¿ / 43.210278; 20.601111
- LipovicÃ« 43.203889Â°N 20.620278Â°Eï»¿ / 43.203889; 20.620278
- Grab (peak) 43.174444Â°N 20.611389Â°Eï»¿ / 43.174444; 20.611389
- Veliki Bukovik 43.209167Â°N 20.654722Â°Eï»¿ / 43.209167; 20.654722
- Baljevac (mountain)/Valjevac 43.204444Â°N 20.673056Â°Eï»¿ / 43.204444; 20.673056
- ObrÅ¾ 43.245556Â°N 20.745278Â°Eï»¿ / 43.245556; 20.745278
- Srednji Breg 43.246667Â°N 20.8Â°Eï»¿ / 43.246667; 20.8
- Milanov Vrh 43.266667Â°N 20.816667Â°Eï»¿ / 43.266667; 20.816667 next to PanÄiÄev vrh
Following the Tip on the left sideÂ :
- Vojetin/Vogetin 43.251667Â°N 20.850556Â°Eï»¿ / 43.251667; 20.850556
- Vrletnica 43.224167Â°N 20.876667Â°Eï»¿ / 43.224167; 20.876667
- Strana (peak) 43.2075Â°N 20.872778Â°Eï»¿ / 43.2075; 20.872778
- Äukara 43.204167Â°N 20.836944Â°Eï»¿ / 43.204167; 20.836944
- Veliki Deo 43.185556Â°N 20.844444Â°Eï»¿ / 43.185556; 20.844444
- Mountains list in Serbian. (Adopted with author's permission. Used for coordinates only.)
- Greater Geographical Atlas of Yugoslavia, University Press "Liber", Zagreb, 1987.
- USAID/BHR/OFDA "Humanitarian Response Planning Map: Kosovo 1998", Scale 1:225.000, 18 November 1998, 2nd edition
- Geography of Kosovo
- Geography of Serbia
- List of lakes in Kosovo